Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beer Antics

Today I went to Maryland Home Brew Inc. in Columbia,MD. Wes came by this morning so we could drive down early.
Nice shop with friendly staff and full service grain crushing on site. I picked up another case of 1 liter EZ Cap beer bottles . I also picked up the ingredients for tomorrow's brewing adventure.
After getting back home, Wes helped my bottle my American Amber Ale and then we racked his Lawnmower beer to secondary fermentation.
Photos below.
This is the fine sediment after secondary fermentation of the American Amber.




I got a total of 18 liters of beer. Bottled in 1 liter EZ cap bottles after adding priming sugar. It was nice and bitter from the hops.
 
 


Here is the trub/gross lees from Wes' Lawnmower.



Here is the lawnmower after racking. It will sit in the carboy for another week before bottling.

No comments:

Post a Comment