Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brew Antics

Yesterday, Wes stopped by and off to the brew shop we went. I needed some more of those handy EZ- Cap bottles and some sanitizer.

After returning home from the LHBS we got to work. First order of the day was to sanitize the bottles for Wes' Lawnmower Saison. We scrubbed, sanitized and jet blasted the bottles.
Then we filled the bottles using the autosiphone and bottling wand method. Quick and messy and low tech.




Te ran out of the 16 oz. EZ Cap bottles for Wes' saison so I had some spare crown cap bottles to finish the job.

Next was to take care of my Honey Nut Brown Ale. It tastes almost like Newcastle's version. Yum! My beer was quick to bottle due to me using 1 liter bottles.

Now it's time to let our respective beers rest and carbonate. Then after a week or so, it's into the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment